1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Data Protection Principles
This Policy aims to ensure compliance with GDPR. All personal data must be
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Adequate, relevant & necessary for the purpose
- Accurate and up to date
- Processed in a way that ensures appropriate security & protection against unauthorised processing.
3. Who are we?
Shelley Signs Ltd is the data controller (contact below). This means we decide how personal data is processed and for what purposes. 4. How do we process your personal data? Shelley Signs Ltd complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by
- Keeping personal data up to date
- Storing and destroying it securely
- Not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
- Protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure
- Ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data
- Only collecting appropriate & necessary data
5. We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide you with quotes, information and product specific details in response to your enquiries
- To follow up the information we supply and to inform you of similar product ranges that may be of interest
- To maintain our accounts and commercial records for both customers & suppliers
- To manage our employees and sub-contract staff
- If you have completed a Consent Form to inform you, by email newsletters, of news, projects and product development at Shelley Signs. You can opt out of receiving marketing literature at any time by email
6. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can respond to your enquiries with quotations and supporting information after you have contacted us.
- By your Consent on our Enquiry Forms to keep you informed about news, events, activities and services which may be of interest to you.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security, social protection law, or contract law
7. Sharing your personal data
- Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the Shelley Signs staff to provide a service to you or for purposes connected with your interest.
- We will not share your data with third parties outside Shelley Signs Ltd unless necessary to complete a commercial contract between us.
8. How do we protect your data
- Electronic data is held on our Server which is both Firewall and password protected.
- All software used is password protected with passwords changed on a regular basis.
- All paper records are shredded at a secure document centre.
- The website is SSL encrypted and up to date anti-virus software is run.
9. How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain accounts & related information for 6 years to comply with Companies House regulations. Any credit or debit card details are shredded after processing and not kept.
10. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which Shelley Signs holds about you
- The right to request that Shelley Signs Ltd corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Shelley Signs Ltd to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, known as the right to data portability, where applicable.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
11. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Policy, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing, setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- You can set your browser not to accept Cookies. This website http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ tells you how to remove Cookies from your browser.
In a few cases some of our website features may not operate if Cookies are disabled.
14. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Robert Shelley, Director at Shelley Signs Ltd. Tel. 01743 460996, [email protected]
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.